Music Box Subject Index' bound copy UK only £4.00
Please send cheque or Postal order to
PO Box 373
to print order form
FIVE MBSGB PUBLICATIONS
Gifts! - Lost for ideas?
The Postcard Book could solve your problem.
Landscape (9x6.5 ins), over 1000 pages. 90 illustrations of postcards in original colours, a 3-Act, 4 scene 'play' depicting barrel organs and pianos with two interval stories.
Price including post: UK £12 (ex. post £10); US $30; Europe 20 Euro.
The Tune Sheet Book
Invaluable to Collectors/Restorers/Auction House for accurately dating or identifying a missing tune sheet.
Complete with supplements 1-3 and Goldhoorn Search Engine.
Price including post: UK £20, USA $45, Europe 26 Euro.
The Nicole Factor in Mechanical Music.
This limited edition, 12 x 8.5 inch art qulity book, was produced with the assistance of the late HAV Bulleid.
It tells the story of the famous maker Nicole.
Complete with a CD of Nicole music spanning the 1800s + a CD of archival material.
Price including post: UK £48, Europe £52 or 58 Euros, USA £60 or $98
To order any of the above please click here for our order form
'THE ORGANETTE BOOK' by Kevin McElhone
(Celebrating Musical Box Society of Great Britain's 40th anniversary)
A concise listing of all known self-playing portable reed
organs. Over 560 models, 440 pages, 770 pictures and diagrams,
including colour section. Tuning scales, restoration tips,
history of makers and much more.
Price including post: (Hardcover) UK £47, Europe £49 or 55 Euros, USA £59 or $97
The Disc Musical Box
This is a Limited Edition book published to Celebrate 50 years of
The Musical Box Society of Great Britain
496 pages, Hardback and in
FULL Colour Throughout
Includes a DVD containing additional illustrations and tune lists, together with scans of contemporary makers’ catalogues.
Chapter Headings are:-
1. A brief Description of Disc Musical Boxes and an Overview of their History.
2. Descriptions of the Instruments –Includes Makers’ Histories and ModelDescriptions.
3. Table of Models - over 1,600 found at the time of going to press.
4. Serial Numbers - of surviving instruments at the time of going to press - can you add more?
5. Tuning Scales - over 170 of those mostcommonly found.
6. Identification of Discs - over 350 differenttypes described and illustrated.
7. Tune Lists - four lists are in the book, the remainder will be found on the MBSGB Website.
8. Case Lid and Cabinet Pictures - over 400 different attractive and colourful illustrations.
9. Patents - over 650 listed,together with website addresses for further study.
10. Storage of Discs or Music Sheets
1. Original Costs and Notes on Currency Conversion.
2. Makers of New Discs, Bins, Instruments and Parts.
3. Further Reading.
4. Mechanical Music Societies.
5. Mechanical Music Museums.
6. Finding and Buying a Disc Musical Box.
7. Sources used during preparation of “The Disc Musical Box”.
Index of Illustrations.
The DVD contains
A. 466 pages of scans of original makers’catalogues.
B. 211 pages of scanned makers tune lists.
C. 5 tune lists; these are in PDF format and are searchable.
D. 1,600 Musical Box Models;the lists are in PDF format and are searchable.
E. 1,100additional illustrations that would not fit in the book.
Copyright © 2004 - The Musical Box Society of Great Britain